Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blog Entry 5

It is now time to choose a topic for Essay 2. I am a little nervous about this one because it has to be 5-7 pages! This paper will be a persuasive writing. I have already learned some things about persuasive writing. For example, I didn't realize that it was better to use third person point of view, rather than first or second. Also, I didn't realize that using generalizations such as never or always could negatively impact an essay. I know I will learn more as the essay progresses. I have never written a persuasive essay before.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Kelli I was a little nervous about our 2nd essay as well. When I saw that it had to be 5-7 pages I was kind of in aww myself. I guess if the topic you chose is interesting to you and your sources are pretty goodyou houldn't have a problem. I know I felt better after I saw that the first topic we could chose was whether or not twins could communicate telepathically. The reason being is because I am an identical twin which makes it a little easier. Just like you I don't think I have ever written a persuasive essay before either. Well I hope everything went well.